News & events
ARE YOU AGED 18-24 AND LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT? Are you experiencing difficulty due to personal history or lack of experience? We can help you...
Galvin’s Chance offers individuals the opportunity to find employment in Front of House roles such as Reception, Events, Restaurant & Bar, Concierge and many more positions!
Offering certified training as well as professional skills development, the programme will prepare you for your future career:
- A dedicated mentor for a minimum of 6 months to nurture your individual needs
- Taster days and work experience placements in top hotels, restaurants, caterers and exclusive members clubs
- Networking and interview practice
- A guaranteed interview at the end of your training!
- Contribution to travel, food & refreshments during your time on the programme
Next Course: 11th - 22nd October 2021
We are re-open for courses – please note the training venue has moved to Canada Water.
The London Construction Academy provides free training to help the hard-to-reach in London’s boroughs who are not in employment, education or training (NEETS) into achieving transferrable skills for the construction sector. Our 10-day, fully-funded courses are designed to motivate many people in London into realising that there are real skill shortages in the construction sector, particularly amongst technicians and craftsmen, and that there are apprenticeship and work experience opportunities for those who wish to learn
Health and Safety Training
CSCS Revision, Test and Card
Site Access Traffic Marshal Training
Fire Marshal Training
First Aid Training
- Be aged 18 and over before enrolling on the course
- Live within a London Borough
- Be able to pass a drugs and alcohol test
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK
- Provide a copy of valid photographic ID prior to course (passport, identity card or provisional/driving licence)
- Provide a CV prior to attending the course
- Be able to attend Microsoft Teams virtual induction prior to reservation of space on the course
- Be able to attend all 10 days of the course at the venue (08:30 - 16:00)
- Have good literacy skills (level 1 as a minimum)
Grit School programme in Autumn
This programme gives insights into an ever-changing industry, building creative and business skills whilst connecting young people to a professional network, shaping the next generation of the industry.
Deadline to apply: Thursday 5th October. Referrals:https://bit.ly/3eVpNFU
This programme is aimed at aspiring creatives (aged 16-24) from South London who are not in education, employment or training.
Who can apply:
• 16-24 year olds
• South London based young people
• Those who are not in education, employment or training
• Musicians, artists & producers
• Aspiring music industry professionals
What it includes:
• Creative Master classes
• Music Industry Seminars
• Free Studio & Rehearsal time
• A network of industry professionals & like minded young people.
• A chance to perform at the Grit School Live showcase.
Monday 27th Sept. At Lambeth Council Town Hall
This will be an opportunity for candidates to learn more about Serco’s Environmental Services and to be interviewed on the day for role/s that interest them.
To refer candidates please complete the online form (link below) with the contact details and names of candidates who would like to attend.
Candidates then will receive an invitations confirming the full address, time to arrive and documents they will need to take with them on the day.
Please feel free to include the name of your organisation next to the name of the candidate on the booking form so Serco can report back to you on attendance/job offers. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the skills and knowledge to cut costs, save money and reduce the stress of financial worries.
Learn how to say 'No' and understand your emotions around money.
Learn how to:
- Cut Costs
- Shop Smart
- Make a Budget that works
- Deal with Debt
Laptop and Wi-Fi devices free to borrow.